- Wash or dry clean clothing.
- Test electrical equipment and battery-operated items.
- Keep shoes paired by using a rubber band.
- Clean computer hard drives before donating.
- Donate by December 31 to receive tax credits for that year.
- Leave items unattended outside a collection center.
- Donate broken or soiled items.
- Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information about questionable items, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Acceptable/Non-acceptable donations